Fort Lauderdale’s World-Famous Winterfest Boat Parade
Every year since 1970, Fort Lauderdale has hosted the Winterfest Boat Parade each December, a world-famous event that has been touted as being one of the top ten parades in the world, from a category that includes over 50,000 international entrants. You can stand along the river and the waterway to see the parade, but it gets crowded fast, and you need to arrive very early to get a good view, competing with thousands for your spot along the water. For this reason, the best way to view Fort Lauderdale’s Winterfest Boat Parade is with a Charter One yacht charter, as you will be on the water along the parade route, with views of this spectacular event while enjoying the comfort of plush seating, a climate-controlled interior, five-star food and drinks, and you will not need to worry about being able to see the boats as you will have a front-row seat to all the action.
What Is the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade in Fort Lauderdale?
The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino is the main sponsor of the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade, which used to be called the Fort Lauderdale Christmas Boat Parade. It is a not-for-profit event in which over 100 boats, ranging from 20-foot-long private boats to mega yachts, are fully decked out in lights and decorations, with entertainment, celebrities, beauty queens, and musical groups sailing along the New River and the South Florida Intracoastal Waterway.
When it gets dark out, around 6:30 p.m., the yacht charter will begin its procession from downtown Fort Lauderdale, following a 12-mile route that ends in Pompano Beach. On your yacht charter, you can expect to see celebrities as parade marshals and providing entertainment, the likes of which include Mario Lopez, Barbara Streisand, Kim Kardashian, Shaquille O’Neal, and Jim Belushi.
Things to Watch for in 2022
Some of the events and excitement to watch out for during the 51st annual Winterfest Boat Parade include:
- This year’s grand marshals for the boat parade: Taylor Dayne, Joey Fatone, and Chris Kirkpatrick
- The free family fun day on November 20th with giant slides, face painting, bounce houses, photos with Santa, puppies, and a race car
- The black-tie ball on December 3 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, featuring dining, dancing, live performances, and a silent auction, one of Fort Lauderdale’s most prominent holiday galas
- Skipper’s Meeting is when all the boaters in the parade get together for a complimentary dinner and a goodie bag
- The Grand Marshal Reception, a celebration at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino to welcome the grand marshals, with dignitaries and celebrities in attendance
- The Captain’s Cup wrap-up party after the parade is where corporate sponsors and parade entries are recognized, with live entertainment, cocktails, a full-course dinner, prizes, and more
View the Boat Parade With Charter One Yachts
If you want to view the “best show on H20” in style with a yacht charter, please contact Charter One today. We are a luxury yacht charter company offering high-end yacht cruises with affordable all-inclusive packages, providing all services, captain and crew, and an incredible ambiance, with customizable five-star gourmet menu options to make your viewing party an all-around success as we lower the anchor along the parade route. There is room for up to 55 people onboard as you delight in all the parade offers and the luxury service, food, and drinks we provide to you and your invited guests. Host the best Winterfest party Fort Lauderdale has ever seen with Charter One. Call 954-771-0102 now to learn more about our incredible food options and how we can help you plan your custom event and create a memorable night for everybody on board.