Events come and go year round, but we all tend to take special pride when planning creative parties during the holiday season. Everyone looks forward to joining in these festive holiday celebrations, which are best known for raising the spirits of all in attendance. Planning the perfect holiday party may seem like a daunting task, because it does require careful planning and preparation. However, planning a successful holiday party can be a smooth and easy process, as long as you are organized, and don’t procrastinate. Charter One Yachts has the finest professional team of event planners that would like to share some tips for planning the perfect holiday celebration:
- Pick an interesting venue. Location is everything – and a yacht charter cruise is as unique and interesting as it gets! A luxury yacht charter provides a breathtaking setting aboard an elegant ship that will glide along the South Florida seas for the duration of your party. Charter One’s yachts will also provide you with a blank canvas to implement a warm holiday theme and decorate with festive style that is tastefully stunning, yet intimate. However, regardless of the venue you choose, the feeling of ‘celebrating’ should be evoked! Charter One’s stunning selection of vessels can help you with this.
- Create a guest list. Inviting the right mix of people will ensure a party that is a lot of fun, as everyone in attendance will enjoy each other’s company. Carefully consider the dynamics of the group that will be attending. You will want to avoid inviting someone that may clash with other guests and spoil your party or create unnecessary drama. Once you have figured out your guest list, encourage everyone to RSVP promptly, so you will have a good idea of the number of guests attending and will be able to move forward with your planning.
- Think about the menu. One of the most important aspects of a quality holiday party is the food being served. Think about how the menu will be implemented. Will it be a formal sit down dinner? A banquet style buffet? A more casual cocktail style affair with hors d’oeuvres? If you serve great food, it will make a long lasting impression and your guests will return for next year’s festivities! In addition to stunning yachts, Charter One also has award-winning gourmet chefs at your disposal. Whatever menu idea you have in mind, our cuisine specialists will prepare a delectable feast that will take your event to the next level.
- Plan the bar menu. This is where your creativity gets to shine. Plan a lively bar menu that goes beyond spiked eggnog and wine. Think gourmet Peppermint Patty cocktails and Blueberry Cider Martinis!
- Entertainment – No holiday party is complete without it. The good news is you really don’t have to splurge to provide your guests with high quality entertainment. Sure, you can have a DJ to provide great music, or a live band that interacts with the guests and will compliment the holiday theme. But you can also have a playlist on your iPod prepped and ready to go. Karaoke is also always a huge hit. Consider emailing your guests a week before the party, and ask them for a list of a few of their favorite songs. Compile a custom party soundtrack for the party including your guests’ favorite tunes. As a parting holiday gift, you can offer them a copy of the soundtrack on a CD in a custom designed sleeve, which provides them with a nice memory of your special holiday event.