Although our great country has been steadily climbing out of the recession and is moving toward economic recovery, the time spent in decline has left its mark. It has also reshaped our perspective in many ways, including how we celebrate achievements and milestones in the corporate world. Gone are the extravagant and ostentatious affairs; a new focus is being placed on employee and client appreciation, and today, companies are designing more thoughtful events.
We now live in a time where it is pivotal to send the right message to our clients, employees, competitors, and consumers. Finding the right balance between creating a fun and cheerful environment while not appearing frivolous or excessive is key. As always, controlling costs and getting the most for your corporate holiday party dollar also remains a priority.
Smart spending and less wasting is the emphasis for event planners these days, which really puts their talents to task. Charter One Yachts’ professional event coordinators work only with top leaders in the hospitality and service industry, ensuring that the client is always getting the biggest bang for their buck. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when planning this year’s corporate holiday celebration for your company:
- The biggest gift the holiday party gives us is a sense of community, which is important even in a corporate setting, as it raises morale, establishes loyalty and offers a sense of belonging. Keeping this in mind will help you set the proper tone for the event.
- Add a philanthropic element to this year’s celebration. A special cause or charity can be the center of the holiday party this year, allowing everyone a chance to give back. There is a new sense of corporate responsibility in play now, and a charitable component speaks volumes about your institution to your employees and clients. It shows your company has integrity, and it isn’t all about the bottom line.
- Simplify the menu. Eliminate the cost of needing extra catering professionals by forgoing the carving stations. Choose more cost effective menu items like chicken and fish, mini appetizers and desserts. Choose fruits and veggies that are in season when planning the menu. Consider hosting a lunch event, which will not only save money, but also eliminates employees and clients bringing guests, which keeps the celebration more personal.
- Limit alcohol consumption. Beer and wine are fine, but restrict the time frame of open bar service. This limits liability and prevents embarrassing situations.
- Host a reception rather than a seated affair. It allows guests to mingle freely, resulting in more fluid networking and socializing.
- Consider a one-stop-shop venue that will take care of everything at a package price but will still deliver an impressive, top-notch celebration. Charter One Yachts does just that. When you consider a luxury yacht charter as the venue of your corporate holiday function, you are not only showing your employees and clients how much they are truly appreciated, but you are also ensuring that every dollar in your budget is well spent. You are paying for a unique and special holiday party, rather than something big and boisterous. Charter One Yachts will take care of the cuisine, décor, entertainment, and any other detail you envision – without wasting a dime of your budget or a moment of your time.
Charter One Yachts is the authority on corporate entertaining. Our professional event planners are sensitive to the image you want to project for your company. During these uncertain times, a delicate formula is required to craft an appropriate holiday celebration to be hosted by your company, as it will be representative of your brand. Contact Charter One Yachts today to discuss planning this year’s holiday party, by calling 888-771-0102, or visit Charter One Yachts online at yachtchartersnow.com. Happy Holidays!