Palm Beach is one of the most beautiful and prestigious zip codes in Florida. Adorned with opulent homes as well as magnificent golf courses, one could only imagine the view from aboard a luxury yacht!
No matter what type of celebration you are hosting, whether a day of adventure that includes fishing, sunbathing, and water sports with your friends, or a more grand and elaborate affair, such as a wedding, Bar Mitzvah, or retirement party, here are some tips for throwing a successful, stress free and enjoyable event – straight from the pros at Charter One Yachts:
- Book a yacht with a company whose fleet is well maintained, inside and out. Take a tour of the fleet and evaluate which vessel is appropriate for your party size. There should be plenty of room for guests to move around and have a place to rest. Take photos that you can refer to later to assist you with planning the event. While touring the fleet, confirm that the hull gets routine technical checks, and that the vessel’s climate control is working, including heaters, if necessary. Make sure the ship is equipped with a first aid box, and that there is a satellite phone onboard.
- Be sure that anyone who will be in attendance with special needs will be accommodated on the ship. Ask about the credentials of the captain and crew – make sure the captain is licensed, and that crewmembers are certified in CPR and life safety procedures. Find out how many life jackets are on board, and make sure there will be enough for the number of guests that will be attending.
- Make sure that your guests can access the departure point. Try to pick a dock location that is centrally located.
- Invites – Send them out early to ensure prompt responses. Express the importance of getting to the dock location on time for departure. You don’t want your guests to miss the boat!
- Luckily, South Florida doesn’t get much inclement weather, however, it is worthwhile to check with the company in advance and learn what their policy is regarding rescheduling the event in case of bad weather. Be sure to include the alternate event date on the invitations, if you can still hold the event at a docked location in the event of rough seas, or if you can expect a refund.
- Plan activities that will keep children entertained if there will be some in attendance. Think gift bags, cupcakes, a magic show, and music. If the budget allows, hire a sitter that can tend to the children and monitor their activities.
- Consider having car service available and waiting upon return to transport any guests who have had too much to drink and wont be able to drive home.
Setting sail from any one of Charter One Yachts’ established ports in Palm Beach is a fine choice of departure when coming aboard for an upscale yacht charter cruise celebration. A Palm Beach yacht party is as glamorous as it gets! Impress your guests, and have the time of your life – and let Charter One show you how it is done. Call today to speak with a Charter One event specialist at 888-771-0102, or visit online at yachtchartersnow.com.