Office holiday parties can be something your employees look forward to, or something they dread. Including certain simple components will ensure your holiday office celebration will be highly anticipated as well as a huge success. Keep in mind that office parties allow employees a chance to socialize with each other outside of their work environment and without any work related stress looming over their heads. This atmosphere is one you will want to emphasize when planning activities for the event. Think relaxed, friendly, and fun.
Here are some tips for planning a top-notch office holiday party that will have your employees delighted and quite appreciative:
- Select a theme –Themes add dimension to your party and encourage guest interaction. Holiday murder mystery themes are always a hit, but it can be something more simple, less involved and just as interesting, such as a scavenger hunt, gift exchange, Luau, or Mexican Fiesta.
- Build camaraderie – Have everyone vote beforehand on a charity that everyone can raise funds for together. Highlight your office’s goals and achievements thus far at the party.
- Include fun activities, contests, and door prizes – Creative door prizes are a great way to acknowledge your employees, while activities and contests allow lively interaction between people who may not see one another regularly in the work environment.
- Music – Music infuses life into the party, so hire a DJ or a band. If your budget does not allow for that, no problem – have an amazing playlist ready to go on your iPod.
- Include time for employee appreciation – Give out gift cards, cash, or extra paid time off as a way of saying thank you for all of their hard work this year.
- Hold the party during working hours. Your employees will appreciate the fact that you’re not taking up their personal time during a busy holiday season. It will also save money in your budget if the party takes place during the daytime.
- Build eagerness and excitement – This can be accomplished by thinking outside of the box and selecting an amazing venue for your party. Impress your employees with a magnificent yacht charter festivity. A celebration on one of Charter One Yachts’ stunning vessels is guaranteed to impress your employees, and promises plenty of enjoyment and laid-back friendly fun. There are so many possibilities when you host your holiday office party on a yacht. Charter One Yachts’ well appointed fleet can accommodate any type of holiday office party, from a fantastic daytime luncheon cruise to a superb dinner party.
- Serve a bountiful feast – Have them ooh-ing and ahh-ing with every delectable bite. Make sure food is available during the entire duration of your event if you are serving alcohol, starting with hors d’ oeuvres through to the main course and dessert. Make sure there is plenty of variety on the menu to accommodate anyone with special diets, such as those with allergies or vegetarians.
It doesn’t take a lot of hoop jumping to show your employees how appreciated they are during the holiday season. A successful holiday party will build office morale and loyalty, but the best office holiday parties will show that thoughtfulness, effort, and creativity were put into planning them. Contact Charter One Yachts by calling 888-771-0102, or visit Charter One Yachts online at yachtchartersnow.com to begin planning your perfect office holiday party. Charter One Yachts can work with every budget, and their professional event planners can assist you with every detail. Have a safe and happy holiday!