With the holidays just around the corner, it’s time to begin planning the festivities and end of the year parties that are highly anticipated by all every year. Whether you are working within a budget or have access to unlimited funds, the options for creating an outstanding holiday party are limitless. That being said, hosting a holiday party is not for the faint of heart. It requires organization, time management, and being wise to a few good tips. The host is often his or her own biggest obstacle during the party-planning phase. Often setting expectations that are way too high and unrealistic, the host can end up creating a lot of unnecessary anxiety and stress for themselves.
Charter One Yachts’ event planners have some tips to keep in mind when planning your holiday party this year:
- For a large affair, consider mailing the invitations instead of emailing them. Mailed invitations not only convey a personal touch, but unless you are certain everyone on your guest list checks their email regularly, your great Aunt Carol may not receive the invite. Missing invitations due to an email glitch can cause unnecessary frustration. Save yourself the trouble and stick to regular mail.
- Send out your invitations 3 to 4 weeks early, giving everyone plenty of time to assess their holiday commitments, and to RSVP in a timely manner.
- Expect approximately 75% of those invited to attend the party.
- Choose a venue that will comfortably accommodate the number of guests you have in mind. Charter One Yachts offers the most spectacular, customizable venue that can host any size celebration. A luxury yacht charter will not only ‘wow’ your guests, but it will set the tone and make a statement.
- Entertainment – you can get away with something as easy as creating a great playlist of your own tunes, keeping the varied tastes of your guests in mind, while throwing in plenty of holiday hits. Karaoke is always a crowd pleaser, guaranteeing a load of fun. Or, if you are looking to step it up a level, you can hire a band, DJ, or pianist. Photo booths are the latest trend and a great source of enjoyment. Be sure to have props for your guests to use and get silly with, such as different hats to try on, fake mustaches, face masks, etc.
- For parties with 40+ guests, it is wise to consider hiring a bartender. It will free you up to tend to other things, like enjoying your party!
- Select a theme. Themes don’t necessarily mean elaborate or a lot of work, and they don’t have to dominate the entire party. The best themes are ones that guests get to be a part of, like a cookie exchange party.
- Food – it’s one of the most important aspects of your planning. Serve a menu that offers various selections, including a few for your vegetarian guests. Also, make sure the fare being served is plentiful. Whenever you are serving alcohol at a party, be prepared to get the food served to your guests quickly, starting with the hors d’oeuvres.
- Favors – while not necessary, favors can deliver a lovely, creative touch. They can be small, amusing, and cool. Support and promote a local business by making their signature product be your parting gift, like a small jar of gourmet jam or honey.
The choices are endless when planning a holiday party. When you host your celebration on one of Charter One’s luxury yachts, you also get to take advantage of Charter One’s event planning expertise. Our professional event coordinators take the burden of preparation off your shoulders, while still allowing you to get as creative as you like.
Why not throw an extraordinary and memorable holiday party on a luxury yacht charter on the seas of South Florida this year? It is easier and more affordable than you think! Contact Charter One Yachts today at 954-771-0102or visit yachtchartersnow.com to start planning this season’s festivities. Happy Holidays from Charter One Yachts!