Everyone loves a great Christmas party, whether we are hosting a holiday celebration or simply invited to attend one. We enjoy getting into the holiday spirit and look forward to celebrating with those we care about, as well as getting to know those we work with on a more personal level outside of the office environment.
Here are some ‘Dos & Don’ts’ to keep in mind when planning a Christmas party, as well as some for those who are just planning on attending one this year:
- When planning a Christmas party, whether it is a social gathering for friends and family or a corporate festivity, have the party in a location that is convenient for the guests you are inviting. If the location is extremely far away, it becomes a burden to attend. If it is a corporate party, you will want it to be easily accessible for all employees, or you may create resentment with those who are unable to make it.
- Send out invitations well in advance, asking guests to RSVP promptly, so that you can begin planning the menu and have an idea of how large your party will be.
- Let guests know how formal the party is, and be flexible, especially if you are not planning on serving a formal sit down dinner. If you will be a guest attending an office Christmas party, dress and act appropriately according to common professional standards.
- Inform guests whether it is acceptable to bring guests, including children. Make this clear early on to avoid an embarrassing misunderstanding or hurt feelings. If your party does include children, consider age appropriate party activities so that everyone is included and has an enjoyable time.
- Don’t get overly excessive with decorations – whether it is a social Christmas party or a corporate function. Use tasteful and coordinated holiday decorations. For work parties, use decorations that are appropriate for people of different faith traditions and beliefs. Remember to use appropriate restraint and maintain the right amount of professionalism.
- Consider the dietary needs for those who have health conditions, are vegetarians or vegans, or non-drinkers. Have delicious offerings for all. Be sure to serve healthy and low calorie menu choices as well.
- Be attentive about alcohol consumption and make sure your guests have a safe way home. At corporate parties, everyone should be especially careful to drink in moderation. Also, don’t let guests consume more than a couple of drinks before food is served.
- If you are hosting a corporate holiday party, don’t drone on about company facts and figures and other business, even if it’s during the day and still on company time. Keep it short and remember – it’s a party, it’s meant to boost morale and celebrate the holidays, not pie charts.
- Don’t plan a last minute party. Christmas parties require planning in advance to avoid stress and ensure success. The key to a stress free party is preparation!
The holiday season is fast approaching, and it will be here before you know it! Consider hosting this year’s Christmas party on a luxury yacht charter, for a unique and extraordinary holiday celebration that everyone will remember fondly.
Charter One Yachts can make this year’s party planning stress free by handling all of your party related planning, including the menu, entertainment, décor as well as any other requirements you may have, so that you can sit back, relax and mingle with your guests. The best part – you will be surprised at how affordable it is to host your holiday celebration on a beautifully appointed luxury yacht. Contact Charter One Yachts today and speak with one of our professional event planners at 888-771-0102, or visit online at yachtchartersnow.com. Have a safe and happy holiday season!