Planning your wedding on a chartered yacht is among the most unique and spectacular ways to celebrate your special day. Although planning a wedding on a yacht is convenient and vastly similar to planning a wedding on dry land – there are a few yacht wedding tips you need to know to ensure your special day is nothing short of absolutely perfect.
Important notes for the invitations
The excitement of announcing that you are celebrating your union aboard a luxury chartered yacht is sure to pique the interests of all of your guests, but amidst the fervor of delight, you will need to alert your guests of a few important details:
•Parking. Discuss the parking strategy with the yacht wedding coordinator, including detailed instructions of where to park, potential costs, directions and any further commute that may be necessary on foot or by shuttle to the yacht. Coordinating vehicles for a large number of guests is complex, therefore it is important to discuss these details carefully with your yacht wedding planner and include them with the invitations.
• Arrival time. There’s no room for late arrivals on a chartered yacht. Once the ship sets sail, there is no turning back. Alert your guests that a prompt arrival is essential to attendance. Note the time each guest should plan to arrive, along with the times of sail away and the event itself.
Ensure prompt arrival of décor and entertainment
Your wedding day is a day that is as busy as it is exciting. One of the most important tips for a yacht wedding is coordinating the arrival of all the décor, flowers, entertainment and party favors.
• Décor and favors. Work with your wedding coordinator to discuss when you can begin bringing essentials onboard. Plan for non-perishable décor and favors to come aboard as soon as possible.
• Entertainment. Communicate extensively with your band or deejay. Ask them to arrive early to set up and ensure they have all the necessary equipment and that it is working properly.
• Florist. Make definitive plans with your florist to get floral arrangements in place at just the right moment – ensuring the freshness of the flowers and arrival before your guests come on board and the ship sets sail.
Host the perfect party
For Miami yacht weddings, you must take several factors into consideration to host the perfect party:
• Weather. South Florida is known for humidity, so be sure to alert your guests that the weather is usually a bit warmer than many climates across the country. Remind them to dress accordingly, but keep in mind that there will be a breeze from the ocean to consider as well.
• Traditions. Your special day is likely to include many bridal traditions. Be sure to discuss the details of your receiving line, toasts and table visits. When planning a yacht wedding, guests may be spread throughout the ship, so it is important to coordinate each moment and the appropriate gathering of your guests.
• Enjoy. No matter what happens, this is your beautiful, spectacular day to declare your love for one another before friends and family on the sparkling blue waters of the Atlantic. Be certain to indulge in every moment.